Pre-Authorized Charge (PAC)
Pre-Authorized Charge (PAC) is a secure, electronic payment service that automatically withdraws your insurance premium, loan payment or side fund payment from your checking or savings account on the date you select. PAC gives you peace of mind knowing that your premiums are paid current and on time each payment period.
PAC customers may save as much as 10 percent on their current monthly premium rate. How? PAC reduces the administrative costs associated with servicing your account and passes the savings on to you. Not every policy will qualify for the discount, so check with your local agent or our customer service department for details.
We can be reached at 1.800.926.1993.
Monday through Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. ET
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. ET
Western & Southern Life
Attn: Financial Services
PO Box 1119
Cincinnati, OH 45201-1119
Terms and Conditions of the PAC Plan
PLEASE READ PRIOR TO ENROLLMENT
- Mode of Payment: Unless otherwise restricted, payment for any policy premium, loan and/or side fund under this PAC plan can be paid on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual mode. Premium payments made on a quarterly, semi-annual or annual mode must be paid on the anniversary cycle of the policy date.
- Date of Withdrawals: Withdrawal dates chosen by the customer must fall between the 1st and the 28th of any given month. Withdrawals may not be scheduled on the 29th, 30th, or 31st of any month. Western & Southern Life reserves the right to withdraw any scheduled payment on a date later than, but not before, the requested withdrawal date.
- Cancellation and/or Bank Changes: If the customer would like to make changes or cancel the PAC plan and resume billing notices, the Company Home Office must be notified five days prior to the next scheduled draft at the phone number or address listed above. Western & Southern Life will not be held liable for bank charges incurred as a result of notification received with less than five days notice. If changes are made to the PAC plan resulting in a delay of payment, Western & Southern Life will not be held liable for a policy cancellation due to non-payment.
- PAC Termination: If this PAC plan is terminated for any reason, any premium then due and all subsequent premiums for each policy shall be at the rate provided in the policy.
- NSF Charges/Unpaid Debit: In the event that a payment is returned by the customers’ bank for Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF), Western & Southern Life may initiate a new debit entry or resubmit an unpaid debit entry one time. Western & Southern Life will not be responsible for NSF charges resulting from a scheduled draft. If a debit is not paid, the Company reserves the right to remove the policy(ies) from the PAC plan, and policy(ies) could be subject to cancellation.
- Billing Notices: An annual Account Record Reminder will be supplied reflecting requested withdrawal dates and amounts. If changes are made to your PAC plan payment schedule, the Company will forward an updated Account Record Reminder.
- Changes in Conditions: The Company may change the conditions of the PAC plan without notice to you.
- Payments Prior to Enrollment: Premiums for existing policies must be paid at the non-PAC premium rate to a date at least one month in advance of the date of this request. If policies are not paid one month in advance, an additional premium payment at the non-PAC premium rate may be required prior to initiating the PAC plan.
- Minimum Payments – Loan and/or Side Fund: The minimum payment for a loan and/or side fund through the PAC plan is $10 monthly. Premiums must be actively drafting via the PAC plan in order to draft a loan and/or side fund payment can be drafted through PAC.
- Loan Repayment: Withdrawals for loan payments will continue as long as there is an outstanding loan or cancellation is received in writing.
- Customer Responsibility: It is the responsibility of the customer to reconcile their account on a monthly basis and notify the Company Home Office immediately of any discrepancies at the phone number or address above. Western & Southern Life will not be held liable for premium refunds requested in excess of 60 days beyond the draft date.