Take a closer look at the overall job profile and specific responsibilities and requirements for becoming a Western & Southern Life Financial Representative.
Financial RepresentativeThe purpose of the Financial Representative position at Western & Southern Life is to meet the middle-income client needs for risk protection and financial security by educating clients, analyzing needs, and recommending solutions in an ethical and client-focused manner. The Financial Representative provides financial solutions to the right people, in the right way, for the right reasons.
- Identify market(s) and develop appropriate marketing plan(s).
- Prospect for middle-market clients by identifying qualified names and making initial contacts.
- Contact and secure appointments with prospective and existing clients for the purpose of sales, conservation, and service.
- Adequately prepare for all appointments through established processes.
- Conduct all appointments using Western & Southern Life consultative practices and processes.
- Effectively sell insurance and investment solutions.
- Effectively plan for and schedule all sales, marketing, and service activities for the week and foreseeable future.
- Market for the purposes of developing the Western & Southern Life brand at the local level.
- Proactively develop community relationships to cultivate and strengthen presence in target market(s).
- Maintain personal contact with clients to ensure their evolving financial needs are being met.
- Engage in activities directed at the continuous professional development of the skills and knowledge to effectively perform the duties of the job.
- Maintain client and company records, payments, etc., in an accurate and timely manner.
- Operate an automobile during both day and night hours.
- High level of integrity
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work hours that include weekday evenings and weekend hours
- Strong interpersonal, relationship, and influence skills
- Effective communication skills including listening, speaking, and writing
- Ability to analyze client needs, understand financial products, and create and sell tailored solutions
- Ability to influence others to take needed action
- Demonstrated drive and resilience to achieve goals
- State Life and Health license
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Access to an automobile and ability to maintain a valid driver's license