Your Security Comes First
In today’s security-conscious world, our goal is
WSLife.com Site Security Enhancements
WSLife.com is committed to continually improving the security of your personal information and protecting you against various forms of information piracy such as spoofing and phishing. To further enhance your online security and protect the integrity of your personal information, we have made the following improvements.
Additional Verification Information Makes Registration More Secure
Your full name is now part of the verification process for My Accounts registration in addition to your Social Security Number, policy/contract/account number, and insured/owner/shareholder date of birth. Your first name, middle initial (if applicable), last name, and generation (e.g., Jr, Sr, III) must match exactly what appears on your policy/contract/account. This information is now used to complete your verification to gain access to My Accounts as a policy/contract/account owner.
WSLife.com Site Verification Text Protects Against Spoofing and Phishing
As part of the My Accounts Registration process, you now create your personalized WSLife.com Site Verification Text, which will appear on the My Accounts Login Password page each time you login to My Accounts. This text is visual identification to let you know that you are being presented with the real My Accounts login page for WSLife.com. This enhanced security feature is designed to protect you against possible spoofing and phishing.
New Login Process Separates User Name and Password Fields
Another level of security has been implemented by splitting the My Accounts Login into two separate screens one for your user name and another for your password. This new two-step login process protects the integrity of your user name and password from being accessed by unauthorized sources and shows your personalized WSLife.com Site Verification Text on the My Accounts Login Password page to authenticate that you are truly logging in to the real WSLife.com.
Premium Payers Enjoy Easier Access for One-Time Payments
Premium payers can now make online payments on policies/contracts through Make a Payment without the extra step of having to login. Find out how simple it is.
Answers to Your Most Frequently Asked Security Questions
Want to learn more about phishing, spoofing, and the details of our enhanced security measures? Read the answers to these questions and more on our FAQs page:
- What is “spoofing” or a “spoof” site?
- What is “phishing” or a “phisher” site?
- How do I protect myself against phishing?
- What actions should I take if I think I have communicated my personal information through a phishing scam?
My Accounts FAQs
- I am already registered for My Accounts. Why do I have to reregister?
- The password field has disappeared from the home page. Where do I enter my password?
- What is the purpose of the WSLife.com Site Verification Text that I create during My Accounts Registration?
- Why can’t I see all my policies/contracts when I access My Accounts Summary or My Accounts Services?
One-Time Payment FAQs
- As a policy/contract owner, how do I access the One-Time Payment feature?
- As a premium payer, how do I access the One-Time Payment feature?
- What information do I need to have on hand before I make a One-Time Payment on an insurance policy or annuity contract through Make a Payment?
Tips on How to Protect Yourself Online
- Never send your personal, private information via e-mail. Most e-mail is not secure or encrypted, so you could put yourself at risk. When you submit a request via one of WSLife.com's online forms, you can be sure that your data is secure.
- Don’t open e-mails or attachments if you don’t recognize the sender. This is one way that malicious programs can attack your computer.
- If you get an e-mail requesting personal or financial information, do not respond via e-mail. Legitimate sources do not ask for personal information, bank account numbers, or passwords via e-mail.
- Most e-mail programs allow you to block senders and report spam e-mail, so you can limit what enters your e-mail box. If you receive nuisance e-mails, you can set your e-mail to block senders. However, if you have subscribed to an e-mail newsletter, and later decide you no longer want to receive it, you should use the UNSUBSCRIBE function to have your e-mail address removed from that list.
- Make sure that you are on a secure site when completing an online form that requires personal, private information. In the address line, verify that the site’s address begins with https, which indicates the site is secure; if there is no “s”, the site is not secure. Alternatively, look for the lock icon at the bottom of the screen that indicates a secure site and that transmitted data will be encrypted. If you're not sure that a site is secure, don’t submit data that you want to keep private. NOTE: All WSLife.com pages that request personal information are secure.
- Never download files or software unless you know and trust the source.
- Install firewall, anti-virus, and anti-spyware on your computer, and keep it updated. Once a month, run the virus scan software to make sure your computer has not been infected.
- When you leave a site where you have viewed or transacted financial business, always log out, and then close the browser. This is especially important if you use a computer in a public place, such as the office or a library, where others may use the same computer.
- Protect your passwords, and change them regularly. Don’t use passwords that can be guessed easily, like your phone number, birthday, or your child’s name. Try to create passwords that use a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Don’t store your passwords in the browser, especially if others have access to your computer. If your computer is infected, a malicious program can find this information and share it.
- Know what your children are doing online, and stress the importance of online safeguards.
If you have any questions about any of WSLife.com’s security enhancements, please contact us via Live Help or call our Client Relationship Center at 1.866.832.7719 between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. ET, Monday through Thursday, between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. ET on Friday, and between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. ET on Saturdays (excluding holidays).
Thank You for Your Business
As always, Western & Southern Life thanks you for your continued patronage and looks forward to hearing from you. Let us know what you think by sending us your feedback about WSLife.com.